Bucket List: A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term “kicked the bucket”.
That definition comes up first in the Urban Dictionary Maybe there are some places you’d like to visit or people you’d like to meet. The point is, you don’t want to realize that your life is over and there were so many things that you never had the chance/took the time to do.
I’ve been doing a little research (did you know that there are sites here where you can make your own bucket list and cross things off as you complete them)? After comparing several of them, I’ve narrowed it down to 10 of the most popular bucket list items as well as two from my own list.
This entire list will be included in my own, whenever I get around to making it. Here they are, in no particular order.
1. Swim with dolphins. That would be fucking awesome.
I’d even take it own step further and say “Ride a dolphin”. And once he discovers the nag that I apparently am, he can say, “Get off my fucking back.”
And if we really hit it off (from my mouth to God’s ears) , I may try to talk him into a tango.
2. Join the Mile High Club. For those of you living under a rock, that means having sex at the minimum altitude of 5,280 feet, or one mile.
Unless of course it’s the pilot and co-pilot. Because then we might be in trouble. Or in the ocean. Or both.
3. Go on an African safari. Giraffes, Lions, leopards…it would be awesome to these these gorgeous animals in their natural habitat.
Not to mention, a sunrise that renders me speechless (a HUGE feat).
4. Scuba dive in Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Turquoise water, white sand and an endless amount of beautiful coral and breathtaking tropical fish. I might have trouble with my fear of dying by asphyxiation…meh.
5. Hold a Koala bear. Another item set in Australia. I just may have to go there.
6. Fish for marlin. This is one helluva fighter and there are special, thick rods that are anchored to the floor of the boat, to catch them.
7. Sleep with a celebrity. So if anyone out there should happen to have the contact details for…let’s say Megan Fox….or Shemar Moore, please
accept this blowjob as payment for your troubles email me.
8. Watch the ball drop on New Year’s eve in Times Square. Always wanted to do that. In fact, I think I’d like to find a way to have sex there…as the ball is dropping.
9. Hang-glide. I imagine it’s probably the closest we are going to get, to being a bird. I often dream that I can fly…but it’s usually to get away from something big and ugly that’s chasing me. It takes me SO fucking long to get off the ground that I think I have a heart attack before I do.
10. Produce and star in my own music video. My daughter have been talking about doing this for the past year or two. Combined I think we have enough computer skills to make something decent, but we keep putting it off. Anyways…it’s on the list.
I hope this doesn’t make me sound like a slut if I could add a couple from my own list…
11. Participate in an orgy. I am not afraid to admit that I have done a LOT of different things, but this one, so far, has eluded me. These adventure seekers have just popped two ecstasy and are washing it down with a shot of J.D. Let the festivities begin.
12. Wrestle a woman in mud. In front of an audience. Half-naked. I’ve always wanted to do that. I don’t know why.
Okay…so I do know why. And lastly, but surely not least, I want to shout out to my dear friend Eric of Clown on Fire fame as he celebrated a birthday yesterday. If you haven’t been to his circus yet, I suggest you conform and kiss his Magnificence’s (TM) feet while he still allows humans to touch him. Bonne Fête mon ami.
What are some of the things on YOUR bucket list that have withstood the test of time? Any of them the same as the 12 I listed? Let me know in the comment section…if you want…or not.